The Procrastinating Teacher's Guide to Prioritizing Your Special Education Workload


If left to my own devices I would use all of my classroom planning time organizing my supplies and labeling ALL THE THINGS.  While I enjoy these tasks, there are typically things that should be doing instead.  I need a bit more guidance if I plan to get anything important accomplished.  Making a to-do list is helpful, I am often overwhelmed by the number of tasks I need to complete.  The work never seems to end!

To-do lists are a great place to start, but they don't help you prioritize what is really important.  I like to use a 4-square method (also known as the Eisenhower grid) when prioritizing my to-do list.  Never heard of it?  It is a simple way of mapping out the level of importance and urgency of each task.


This can help you decide what you need to work on now, and what can wait until later.  Now don't get me wrong, if I really have my heart set on procrastinating I still pick something from the not important/not urgent section, but for the most part I try to spend my time in the upper left corner.

I like to start a 4-square list at the beginning of each week.  I add in items and cross things out every day.  In addition, I often move items from one section to another as the week progresses.


Do you want to try it out for yourself?  Pick up this FREEBIE with a few different 4-sqare options.

Paper and pen not your thing? Click HERE check out how I use Google Keep as a digital alternative.

What about you? How do you prioritize your work load? Please share!



No comments